On 22nd June 1984, Virgin Atlantic inaugurated its scheduled service from Gatwick to Newark with a leased aircraft Boeing 747-200. After first year of its operations, Virgin Atlantic saw a great profit, assisted by its sister company Virgin Records' ability to backup the lease of a secondhand aircraft Boeing 747. Virgin Atlantic is a trading name of Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited.
It is a British airline, which major shares are owned by Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Group. 51% shares of the airline are owned by the Virgin Group, and remaining 49% by Delta Air Lines. The head office of Virgin Atlantic is located in Crawley, West Sussex, England, near Gatwick Airport.
Virgin Atlantic Airways Top Flight Routss
Virgin Atlantic operates 35 destinations across the world from amazing cities of North America, Africa, Asia and Australia. Some of the most popular destinations served by Virgin Atlantic are Aberdeen, Glasgow, London, and Manchester in United Kingdom, Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco and few others in United States, Delhi & Mumbai in India, Nairobi in Kenya, Dublin in Ireland, Mauritius, and few others.
Checked baggage allowance in Virgin Atlantic Airways is one baggage of 23 kg each in Little Red Class, two bags of 23 each in Economy Class, 3 baggages of 23 each Premium Economy Class, and 3 baggages of 32 kg each in Upper Class. The airline also allows carrying some cabin baggage that should be one baggage of 10 kg in Little Red, Economy & Premium Economy Class and 2 baggages of 10 kg each in Upper Class.
Virgin Atlantic Airways flights have all the facilities to keep its passengers entertained. On your seat-back screen, enjoy the opportunity of watching movies, TV programs or playing games. It provides several facilities to keep your child entertained. The airline keeps you full serving a selection of complimentary drinks and scrumptious meals. If you have any special culinary requirements, you can demand for it. The airline also allows you enjoying heavenly shopping experience, with several outstanding products onboard. You can buy perfume, watches, jewelry and more at great discounts too.
Online check-in in Virgin Atlantic Airways domestic flights opens 24 hours before the scheduled departure and closes 65 minutes before. For international flights, check-in opens 24 hours up to 2 hours before departure. You are recommended to reach minimum 2 hours prior to the departure.